Monday, July 8, 2013

Pain Day

Monday July 8th was a pain day for me.  We rode 95.7 miles from Kodoka to Pierre South Dakota. It started off difficult because of the lack of sleep last night because of kids playing basketball at 3 in the morning at the county park we camped in and because of the hot rod squealing tires at all hours of the night.  During the first 20 miles of the ride there were over a dozen flats in the group.  I was fortunate enough to be spared thanks to my Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires.  They are definitely a heavier tire, but they are pretty resistant to punctures.   My legs did not have the spunk they had yesterday, probably because I over did it yesterday.  The hills caused my quads to burn which usually goes away after a few miles, but not today!  The ride was through the open prairies of South Dakota.  The weather started off as rain and it kept cool and cloudy until we reached Pierre.  We were also fortunate for the moderate tail wind.  Tim and I rode pretty hard together to arrive by 2:30 Central Time ( we entered the central time zone when we crossed the Missouri River just before Pierre).

Tim changing his 3rd flat tire!

Missouri River at Pierre

Pierre Capital
 

No comments:

Post a Comment